The Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Science, Technology and Policy (STP) Opportunities serve as a next step in the educational and professional development of scientists and engineers interested in energy efficiency and renewable energy policy. The EERE STP appointment provides an opportunity for highly talented scientists and engineers to participate in policy-related projects at DOE’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy in Washington, D.C. EERE STP participants apply the expertise gained from their education and history of conducting research to new and ongoing EERE initiatives.
As a result of their participation on this program, participants will learn and obtain knowledge and skills in:
- Documenting and collaborating with state and local governments and utility and public utility commissions on policies and best practices to enhance the Office of Weatherization and Intergovernmental Programs (OWIP)’s market transformation goals.
- Coordinating with marketing and communications staff to communicate the policies and best practices to grantees, policymakers and stakeholders who are positioned to take action on them, or support their adoption.
- Compiling analytical and informational materials, preparing briefings and presentations, and managing key stakeholder interactions.
- Preparing responses to congressional, executive and intradepartmental requests for information about the program.
- Assessing the cost effectiveness of energy policies and market transformation activities to determine feasibility.
- Coordinating with other DOE offices, other federal agencies, state and local governments, and public and private interest groups that are also conducting work on best practices or policies related to the program.
Program eligibility requirements can be found at https://energy.gov/eere/education/energy-efficiency-and-renewable-energy-science-technology-and-policy-program.
The applicant will have a BA, BS or MBA in communications, policy or related subjects.
Application deadline: 1/18/2018 11:59 PM Eastern Time Zone
Apply here: https://www.zintellect.com/Posting/Details/3852
If you have questions, please send an email to DOE-RPP@orau.org.