Important Dates and Deadlines
The next ITAP will be held over Spring Break (March 11-15)
- Spring Break ITAP is for currently matriculated students who have not previously participated in the ITA Program.
- Students who do not meet the ITAP Spoken English Requirement will be given the SEE (Spoken English Evaluation), provided they agree to take ITAP classes beginning Fall 2019 Semester if required.
- Students who have cleared the ITAP Spoken English Requirement will be cleared after successful completion of the training. All participants must be in Salt Lake City.
- Requests for registration must come from the student’s home department and are being accepted from February 14 – February 28. Details were sent to Directors of Graduate Studies, TBP Coordinators, and Graduate Advisors. Write the ITAP Manager if you did not receive the necessary information.
- Students: See your department staff to see if you are on their list. Write the ITAP Manager if you do not know who that is.
Pre-Fall Semester ITAP
August ITAP will be held the two weeks before Fall Semester 2019 (August 5-16)
- Primarily for new, incoming international graduate students, August ITAP consists of Spoken English Evaluations (SEEs) & ITA Training.
- SEEs will be given the week beginning August 5, and ITA Training will be held August 12-16.
- An in-person session over lunch will be held, day TBD, with the bulk of the training on Canvas, the U’s online course tools.
- Departments will register students beginning in late April, so students should watch for email from the ITAP Manager, Diane Cotsonas, and reply promptly.
Recommended Arrival Dates
- Students who have not met the ITAP Spoken English Requirement are advised to arrive on campus by August 1 at the latest.
- Students who have met the ITAP Spoken English Requirement are advised to arrive on campus by August 8 at the latest.