The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has a part-time (up to 20 hours per week) opening for a Nanomaterial Curation and Data Management position with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA’s Research Triangle facility in Raleigh-Durham, NC. This opportunity involves populating a database on the environmental and biological effects of engineered nanomaterials. The task requires understanding of the role of nanomaterials in consumer products, their potential of release into the environment, and potential for exposure and effects in sensitive species including humans. The database structure has been developed and now needs to be populated with data from existing publications from the Office of Research and Development (ORD) relative to the environmental fate, transport, transformations, exposure and effects on ecological or human species.
- Part-time/$28.14 per hour;
- Must have earned Master’s degree in toxicology, biology, computational biology or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months;
- Experience evaluating environmental effects of nanomaterials;
- Strong written, oral and electronic communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook);
- Knowledge of nanomaterial environmental and toxicological science; and
- Understanding of relevant parameters to extract from the published literature, as well as conducting novel assessments of the completed database.
For the full position description and to apply, visit our website: https://www.zintellect.com/Posting/Details/3661