Pre-Defense to Publication: A Checklist
This detailed, step-by-step guide shows you the steps you need to take in order to maximize your journey through the Thesis Office. Following the steps in this document will greatly help you understand the Thesis Office process and effectively prepare your manuscript.
This video walks you through the basics of the Thesis Office’s Word Template for theses and dissertations.
Expediting Your Manuscript
Policy for Expedited Submissions: Due to the large number of requests, students who wish to be considered for having their submissions expedited must provide the following:
- A compelling reason for being expedited including detailed circumstances and when the degree is required
- A letter from prospective employers or others requiring proof of degree conferral
- A manuscript without major formatting or grammar errors
In order to ensure faster processing, you must follow these recommendations in the Handbook:
- Only include first-level subheads in the Table of Contents
- Only include Lists if you have under 25 figures/tables
- Place figures and tables at the end of the chapter where they are first mentioned in the text
Again, being placed in the expedite pile does not guarantee that your manuscript will be processed in time for graduation.