Mentor & Supervisory Committees
- Once a graduate student has been accepted into the program enter a mentor committee in the graduate student's committee page in the Graduate Student Degree Tracking System (GSDTS), make sure you check the mentor box and save.
- Supervisory Committees use the Faculty Information Resource for faculty category to enter the makeup of the committee in comments on the committee page in the Graduate Student Degree Tracking System (GSDTS).
- The Office of Budget & Institutional Analysis (OBIA) Faculty Information Resource
- Tenured & Tenure Track can be listed as Tenure-Line.
- Master's Committee requires:
- Three members chair and the majority must be Tenure-Line in the department.
- Ph.D. Committee requires:
- Five members of the chair and the majority must be Tenure-Line in the department with one member being outside the department.
- If outside the University of Utah, the Director of Graduate Studies (DGS) must review their updated CV and write a justification letter in support of the member.
- Both CV and justification letter are then uploaded to the student's committee page. Send an email with the graduate student's name and ID# to firstname.lastname@example.org for the dean to review and approve the outside member.