September 2019: Recent changes in WRGP policy (Spring 2019) allow individual WICHE institutions to charge up to 150% of in-state tuition to WICHE region students beginning Fall 2020. For WRGP students admitted before Fall 2020, the University of Utah will continue to charge in-state tuition through the completion of their degree program. However, WRGP students entering Fall 2020 (and beyond) will be charged 110% of in-state resident tuition for the duration of their graduate career.
Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) has approved the University of Utah to participate in the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP). Students may be eligible for in-state tuition rate if they are a resident of one of the WRGP participating states:
Not all Ph.D., Graduate, and Certificate programs are offered at the WRGP tuition rate. If your program is eligible, apply directly to your degree program or department and identify yourself as WICHE WRGP applicant. Contacts for each degree program can be found here: https://gradschool.utah.edu/dogs-contact-by-department. Please DO NOT submit your admissions application directly to the Office of Admissions until you get approval from the Academic Department. If your application is not approved by the Academic Department under the WRGP program before you apply to the University Admission Office, you may be charged full out-of-state tuition.
WGRP applicants must meet the WRGP admission requirements and deadlines set by the Academic Departments. This information may be obtained from the Academic Department.
Graduate programs currently participating in WRGP
- Architectural Studies, M.S.
- Art History, M.A.
- Athletic Training, M.A.T.
- Audiology, Au.D.
- Biomedical Informatics, M.S., Ph.D., Certificate
- Business Analytics, M.S.
- Chemical Engineering, M.S., Ph.D.
- City and Metropolitan Planning, M.C.M.P
- Clinical Nursing Informatics
- Coaching Wellness
- Computational Science
- Educational Psychology, M.Ed., M.S., Ph.D.
- Exercise and Sport Science – Sport Pedagogy
- Fine Arts, M.A.T
- Geographic Information Science, M.S.
- Gerontology, M.S.
- Global Health
- Healthcare Administration, M.H.A.
- Human Development and Social Policy, M.S.
- Information Systems, M.S., Certificate
- International Affairs and Global Enterprise, M.S.
- Modern Dance, M.F.A.
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Neuroscience – Interdepartmental Graduate Program
- Nurse Midwifery & Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing – Practice, D.N.P.
- Nursing, Ph.D.
- Nursing – Care Management Specialty Track
- Nursing Education
- Occupational Health, M.O.H, Ph.D.
- Occupational Therapy (Clinical Doctorate-OTD)
- Outreach Nurse Practitioner
- Parks, Recreation, and Tourism, M.S., Ph.D.
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Public Health, M.S., Ph.D., Certificate
- Public Policy, M.P.P., Certificate
- Recreational Therapy, M.S.
- Science Instrumentation
- Social Work, Ph.D.
- Speech and Language Pathology/Audiology, Masters, Ph.D.
- Sustainability, Certificate
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
Program participation may change at any time. The Graduate School will make updates when a new program is added, or if a program is discontinued and it is no longer offered at WRPG rate. However, WICHE guidelines mandate that if a department/program elect to discontinue participation in the WRGP program and it is no longer available at the discounted rate to new students, it hold harmless any currently enrolled graduate students who were previously awarded the discounted WRGP rate and we will charge them resident tuition through their graduation.
Current Graduate participating programs and department contact information is available here: Graduate Education Savings Finder. You may also contact Sabrina Smith – Administrative Assistant at 801-213-2250 or at email@example.com if you have any other questions related to the WRGP program at the University of Utah.