Refer to Policy 6-317: Academic Visitors to learn about the qualifications, policy, and privileges associated with the honorary title of “Visiting Scholar,” “Visiting Graduate Student” or “Visiting Postdoctoral Scholar."
To apply for these titles, Sponsoring Departments should complete the Visiting Scientist Agreement and Registry Form.
Visiting Scientist Agreement
- Complete Visiting Scientist Agreement including
- Exhibit A
- Description of research/work to be performed
- Description of support for visiting scholar
- Exhibit A
- Send agreement to visitor
- Once visitor returns signed agreement, obtain appropriate signatures of the University’s Sponsoring Faculty and the Department or School
- Sign form
- Complete Exhibit A “Support from the Corporation or Institution”
- Obtain signature from their corporation or institution
- Return to Sponsoring Department for completion and submission
The Graduate School will obtain the signature from PIVOT Center.
- Complete Registry Form
- Obtain approvals from the Department and College
How to Submit the Application
Send the following documents to the Postdoctoral Affairs Office.
- Completed Visiting Scientist Agreement (minus signature from PIVOT Center)
- Completed Registry Form
- CV of visiting scholar/student/postdoc
Any missing documents will delay the processing of the request.