Skip to content

Visiting Scholars, Graduate Students, Postdoctoral Scholars

Refer to Policy 6-317: Academic Visitors to learn about the qualifications, policy, and privileges associated with the honorary title of “Visiting Scholar,” “Visiting Graduate Student” or “Visiting Postdoctoral Scholar."

To apply for these titles, Sponsoring Departments should complete the Visiting Scholar Agreement and Registry Form.

Visiting Scholar Agreement

Sponsoring Department

  • Complete Visiting Scholar Agreement including
    • Exhibit A
      • Description of research/work to be performed
      • Description of support for visiting scholar 
  • Send agreement to visitor
  • Once visitor returns signed agreement, obtain appropriate signatures of the University’s Sponsoring Faculty and the Department or School

Academic Visitor

  • Sign form
  • Complete Exhibit A “Support from the Corporation or Institution”
  • Obtain signature from their corporation or institution
  • Return to Sponsoring Department for completion and submission

The Graduate School will obtain the signature from PIVOT Center.

Registry Form

  • Complete Registry Form
  • Obtain approvals from the Department and College

Questions? Concerns? Email Amy Barrios at or review Policy 6-317.

How to Submit the Application

Send the following documents to the Postdoctoral Affairs Office.

  1. Completed Visiting Scholar Agreement (minus signature from PIVOT Center)
  2. Completed Registry Form
  3. CV of visiting scholar/student/postdoc

Any missing documents will delay the processing of the request.


Last Updated: 2/12/24