Graduate Catalog

Following are links (also present in the navigational menu on the left) to information about Graduate School policies and academic and professional degrees. For additional information, see also the Colleges and the Courses sections of the University’s General Catalog. The colleges, professional schools, and most departments also publish bulletins describing graduate programs and degree requirements.

The Graduate Council establishes policies and procedures governing graduate study in accordance with faculty regulations. Directors of Graduate Studies administer graduate programs in the various departments. The council supervises degree requirements for the following academic and professional degrees:

Academic Degrees

  • Master of Arts (M.A.)
  • Master of Science (M.S.)
  • Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.)
  • Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)

Professional Degrees

  • Master of Accounting (M.Acc.)
  • Master of Architecture (M.Arch.)
  • Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
  • Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
  • Master of City and Metropolitan Planning (M.C.M.P.)
  • Master of Education (M.Ed.)
  • Master of Engineering (M.E.)
  • Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.)
  • Master of Healthcare Administration (M.H.A.)
  • Master of Laws (LL.M.)
  • Master of Music (M.Mus.)
  • Master of Occupational Therapy (M.O.T.)
  • Master of Physician Assistant Studies (M.P.A.S.)
  • Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.)
  • Master of Public Health (M.P.H.)
  • Master of Public Policy (M.P.P.)
  • Master of Real Estate Development (M.R.E.D.)
  • Master of Science and Technology (M.S.T.)
  • Master of Social Work (M.S.W.)
  • Master of Software Development (MSD)
  • Master of Statistics (M.Stat.)
  • Electrical Engineer (E.E.)
  • Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.)
  • Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
  • Doctor of Musical Arts (D.M.A.)
  • Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.)
  • Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD)
  • Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
  • Doctor of Physical Therapy (D.P.T)

M.D. and J.D. Degrees

The Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree is conferred by the School of Medicine. The Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree is conferred by the College of Law.