Skip to content

Statement of Degree Completion

Degrees cannot be awarded until the end of your graduating term even if you finish all requirements before then. If an employer or school needs proof that you have completed the degree requirements, request a Statement of Degree Completion.

What is it?

A Statement of Degree Completion may be used in place of the diploma. It shows the month of graduation and the date all the requirements for the degree were completed.

How to request

A Statement of Degree Completion may be obtained from the Graduation Office after the Thesis Release is issued if

  • all requirements are marked complete in the Grad Student Prog Plan Audit of your Graduate Student Summary
  • and it is still at least a week before the conferral date of the semester.

Contact the Graduation Office via email or call 801-581-7852 to request a Statement of Degree Completion.

Other verification options

The Registrar's Office offers several methods to verify your student information. You can obtain verifications online, in person, or by fax or mail. See all verification methods.

Third parties can confirm enrollment of students and/or degrees earned at the University of Utah through the National Student Clearinghouse.

Last Updated: 5/3/24